
I started to see who I would be in the future by the age of 10. I said, I want to be a soccer player because I like to kick a ball on the field while a lot of people are cheering you up to push more and win the title as Professional player. It was my first big dream when I grow and it feels good and great to me as little pupil.

When I was on grade 6, my dream to be a professional soccer player turned into an astronaut because I was amazed by an astronaut who could walk on the moon, floating on the outer space weightlessly like a feather and ride on a big space shuttle. It got my full attention during that days and therefore, I decided to be an astronaut because it is so cool. Then I graduated elementary keeping that dream of mine.
When I stepped on high school as a
student, my thinking matures a little. I see a lot of things than just playing
all throughout the day. I discovered my potentials, I nurtured my abilities and
I want to excel in class. These changes moved my mind to be an engineer as my
new dream. I want to be an engineer because I like to make tall buildings, long
bridges and beautiful houses. I got this feeling that whenever I see building
structures, my heart fills with great feeling. This was my first year of high
school. But when I walked on my fourth year high school life, this was the time I appreciate little thing. Standing in front of my classmates while explaining to them my report about my topic, I got this feeling that my heart is fulfilled because my classmates listened attentively to what I was talking in front of them. This little appreciation triggered me to be a teacher and one thing I won’t forget, one of my classmates told me, “nami ka bala magtudlo” this means, (you teach well). That was my high school days.
I entered college with a fixed decision and it was to teach. To teach
students not just to learn alone but to mold their personal aspects, make them productive
and good citizens of the country. I chose this path because I want to share
with others what I have, not materially but they can treasure in their whole
life. Teach them the fundamentals of learning, teach them the essentials for
their professional growth and embody to them the spirit of nationalism and
values of being a Filipino.
I can merely say, students of today’s generation (generation z) are technology
dependent. Almost 80 percent of students has mobile phones and these phones are considered one way of their learning. Coping with the changes in the new
curriculum is a must for a teacher and it is also important to update the new
trends for learning so that the strategies that are to be employed is fit to
the student’s learning styles. First thing first, master the subject matter
which is based on student’s competency, observe students nature, employ appropriate strategies and integrate the use of technology to boost student’s
interest, the key for optimum participation of generation z students. Then I could
say that I am ready for generation z students.


Me:.*grabs popcorn* haha
ReplyDeleteFuture teacher. Whoaa!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Keep up the good work...
ReplyDeleteTeaching is such a noble profession. Be one! :)
ReplyDeletenice one... believe in your self ced
ReplyDeleteIf you really want to be an engineer, you can have your second degree by any chance. If you still want...
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! 👍
ReplyDeleteHaving an inconsistent dream is so me.Hahaha. Kudos you've finally picked one.
ReplyDeleteA very inspiring story 😇😇😇
ReplyDeleteBe a good teacher in the future Ced
ReplyDeleteContinue to live your dreams Cedee! Good luck!
ReplyDelete